Alex Hirsch (born on June 18, 1985 in Piedmont, California) is the creator, executive producer, and director of the Disney Channel Animated Series, Gravity Falls. He voices main characters Stan Pines and Soos, as well as recurring characters like Old Man McGucket and the Gnomes. His twin sister is Ariel Hirsch.
He places many of his real-life experiences in the show, such as living in Piedmont and trick-or-treating with his sister as cats. He based Mabel on his twin sister, Ariel Hirsch, Grunkle Stan off of his Grandpa Stan and based the entire show loosely on his childhood summers. He gave Mabel a pet pig because his sister had always wanted one when she was a kid.
Episodes written by Alex Hirsch
Season 0 (pilot)
- Every episode of Season 1
- 201. "Scary-oke"
- 202. "Into the Bunker"
- 203. "The Golf War"
- 204. "Sock Opera"
- 205. "Soos and the Real Girl"
Roles in Gravity Falls
- Stan Pines
- Old Man McGucket
- Saunterblugget Hampterfuppinshire
- Paper Jam Dipper
- Quentin Trembley
- Cackling skulls
- Sev'ral Timez members
- Bill Cipher
- Various others
Alex was the creative consultant for Fish Hooks, which he developed for television alongside Maxwell Atoms, where he portrays Clamantha, her father, Fumble, one of the fish police and a Ferret. He was also a writer and a storyboard artist for The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. He also provided the voice of Officer Concord the Juice Time Juice Box Flavor Cop in the "Terrifying Tri-State Trilogy of Terror" episode of Phineas and Ferb, also on Disney Channel.
Alex Hirsch was born and raised in Piedmont, California, and he graduated from the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) in Los Angeles County, California, in 2007. He also liked to go to Oregon, and often did so. Shortly after graduating, he worked at the digital entertainment studio JibJab and was a writer/storyboard artist on The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. He also served as a creative consultant and helped develop the hit Disney Channel animated series, Fish Hooks, and voices the character Clamantha in the series. Hirsch chose Oregon as the setting for Gravity Falls after spending a summer there during college working for the animation studio Laika.
- In Spring 2007, he created a short film called Off the Wall, which was one of his student films at CalArts.
- Disney saw it and asked him to make the cartoon, Gravity Falls.
- He is the inspiration for Dipper.
- His twin sister Ariel is the inspiration for Mabel.
- A caricature of Hirsch is seen in "Bottomless Pit!" riding a unicycle.
- Alex's college roommate was the show's art director, Ian Worrel.
- Alex guest voiced Officer Concord for a special Phineas and Ferb Halloween episode.
- Alex has joked about the rumors that he is hiding occult symbols in the show on multiple occasions, because they are hidden in plain sight.
- Alex Hirsch named one of the manotaurs after his taxidermy buffalo "Beardy" that he keeps in his office at Disney.
- Alex prefers Nintendo over Sega, and his favorite Nintendo game is Kirby's Pinball Land.
- He owns a full size adult taxidermy buffalo which he insists people sit on when they take tours. 
List of articles and interviews
- Alex Hirsch at the Internet Movie Database
- Alex Hirsch on Twitter
- alexhirsch on Blogger
- Alex Hirsch at deviantART
- Alex Hirsch on YouTube
- Alex Hirsch on Facebook
- Alex Hirsch on Webstagram
- Alex Hirsch on OnInstagram
- Alex Hirsch on Vine.