Hank is a resident of Gravity Falls, Oregon.
In "The Legend of the Gobblewonker," he is seen participating in the town's Fishing Season: Opening Day, but before he is given a chance to enter the water and start fishing he is grabbed by Old Man McGucket, who yells at him and pushes him out of the way while exclaiming that he has seen the Gobblewonker. Later in the episode Hank is seen with his wife getting aggravated by Stan Pines, who is trying to befriend their son in a creepy manner. Witnessing this, the couple threaten Stan by telling him that they will call the police if he continues to communicate with their child.
In "The Hand That Rocks the Mabel," he and his wife put money into Gideon's Psychic Sack, and watched his show, sitting on the left side of the audience, behind Dipper, Mabel, and Soos. After the show he is seen walking out of the Tent of Telepathy, but without his wife.
Hank makes multiple appearances in "Gideon Rises." First, he is seen cheering at the Grand Closing of the Mystery Shack, then he is seen eating at Greasy's Diner. Near the end of the episode he is seen at the ruins of the Gideon-bot with other citizens of Gravity Falls.
In "Mabel's Guide to Stickers," he is among the people grabbing one of the "free TVs" Mabel removed the price tags from.
In "Scary-oke," he attends the Mystery Shack's grand re-opening with other townsfolk.
Hank is seen running a stall at the Gravity Falls Swap Meet and laughing at Dipper in the "Little Gift Shop of Horrors" segment "Hands Off." Later he is seen in the Bowling alley, dodging a TV that suddenly falls down towards him, due to Stan Pines.
Though not much is known about his personality, he seems to be a caring father, as he comes to his son's aid from Stan trying to befriend him.
Hank is a tall man with brown hair and mustache. He is in shape and has burly arms and skinny legs. Hank's outfit consists of a dark turquoise unbuttoned polo with a duck shaped logo stitched on it, a white undershirt, blue shorts, a brown dress belt and light brown flip-flops.
- 101. "Tourist Trapped"
- 102. "The Legend of the Gobblewonker" (no lines)
- 104. "The Hand That Rocks the Mabel" (no lines)
- 108. "Irrational Treasure" (no lines)
- 109. "The Time Traveler's Pig" (no lines)
- 115. "The Deep End" (no lines)
- 120. "Gideon Rises" (no lines)
- 8. "Mabel's Guide to Stickers" (no lines)
- 16. "Mabel's Scrapbook: Heist Movie"
- 17. "Mabel's Scrapbook: Petting Zoo" (no lines)
- 201. "Scary-oke" (no lines)
- 204. "Sock Opera" (no lines)
- 206. "Little Gift Shop of Horrors" (no lines)
- 220. "Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back The Falls" (no lines)
- Gravity Falls: Legend of the Gnome Gemulets (no lines)
- While Dipper begins the series as the narrator, Hank is the first character to be actually seen.
- When he was at the Gravity Falls Pool, he was never seen wearing any type of swimwear.
Click here to view this page's gallery.