Mabel shows us some of her drawings of Dipper from when she was little. She then shows us her latest idea, a "cat-icature." which is just a drawing of a cat wearing Dipper's pine tree hat. She makes one of Waddles, Stan, Wendy, and Soos. She also draws Toby Determined and he says that it looks just like him. Stan then decides to sell the cat-icatures. Mabel presents her new idea, "Humanicaticature," which is a drawing on the stomach of a real cat, and everyone wants one. The short ends with Mabel being attacked by live cats while she tries to draw on them, the moral being "sometimes you have to suffer for your art."
- Kristen Schaal as Mabel Pines
- Jason Ritter as Dipper Pines
- Alex Hirsch as Stan Pines
- Gregg Turkington as Toby Determined
- Dipper has had his nickname by the time he was five years old.
- Mabel is seen wearing several sweaters from past episodes.
- During the "Milking Things" part, Mabel milks Pacifica Northwest's dog from "Irrational Treasure."
- The "Please" sticker Mabel stuck on the cash register in "Boss Mabel" is still there. From this, it can be inferred that this episode takes place between "Boss Mabel" and "Boyz Crazy," as the sticker has been taken off by the time the latter takes place.
- "Mabel's Guide to Color" and "Mabel's Guide to Art" were released on Disney Channel's official YouTube channel an hour before "Color" premiered on the east coast, posted along with the rest of Mabel's Guide to Life shorts.
- The "Caticature" and "Humanicaticature" tunes were made by Alex Hirsch and Brad Breeck.
Click here to view this page's gallery.