Mayor Eustace "Huckabone" Befufftlefumpter (c. 1909 - August 2012) was the former mayor and reclusive 102-year-old of Gravity Falls, Oregon, who led the town for nearly a century before his death.
Eustace Befufftlefumpter was born at some point between July of 1909 and July of 1910. He was raised by bears in the wilderness. Not too long after 1912, he managed to win the mayoral election in Gravity Falls after fulfilling the candidacy's requirements (casting a shadow, counting to ten, and throwing his hat into a ring) and being anointed by the birdly kiss of a freedom eagle. Despite remaining notable for actions such as raising the town's water tower, potentially starting World War I (at age 4 or 5), and the imprisonment of Gideon Gleeful, Eustace remained intensely reclusive during his time in office, only leaving his mansion once a year to purchase lettuce for his 200-year-old Galapagos Tortoise named Jembles, who apparently made him feel young.
In "Northwest Mansion Mystery," the mayor attends Northwest Fest alongside numerous other noteworthy figures and mingles with the Northwests. Vultures fly in with the guests, and the mayor claims they're with him. Preston later gifts him a chimp servant in the hope it would aid the aged mayor. During the ghost's attack on the mansion and its party guests, Eustace mistakes him for the Grim Reaper (whom he has been anticipating to arrive) before becoming the first guest turned into wood. Following the ghost's departure into the afterlife, Befufftlefumpter is returned to his normal state, along with his fellow partygoers.
He reappears on television in "Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons," where he presides over the awry reconstruction of the town following a series of gravitational anomalies from "Not What He Seems."
Befufftlefumpter's death in "The Stanchurian Candidate" brings about the election for a successor, as well as bringing to light several biographical facts on the late mayor, including his childhood spent in the wilderness and possible role in the fermenting of the first World War. A memorial statue is later carved in his honor, though it is quickly demolished by Gideon prior to its completion. For his grave site, Valentino Funeral Homes are preparing their widest headstone ever conceived.
He is elderly, and needs a wheelchair for transportation. He wears an olive green, long-sleeved top, with either a checkered blanket or a checkered kilt-esque bottom covering his legs. He has glasses and a green sash that says "mayor." He has a few cobwebs on him.
- 210. "Northwest Mansion Mystery"
- 213. "Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons"
- 214. "The Stanchurian Candidate" (pictured)
- 220. "Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back The Falls"
- If the Mayor was 102 years old as Preston Northwest said in "Northwest Mansion Mystery," that would mean he was 4 or 5 years old when he allegedly started World War I, and 9 years old at most when the war ended; but in the photo of him fighting in the trenches during WWI showed by the news in "The Stanchurian Candidate," he's an adult. This could mean either:
- Preston was wrong and the Mayor was more than 102 years old. If this were true, he would need to be at least 111 years old to be an adult at any point during World War I.
- The photo is fake or shows someone else.
- This is a goof.
Click here to view this page's gallery.