Mr. and Mrs. Pines have been raising their twin children, Dipper and Mabel, since birth. Mrs. Pines would dress her son in a lamb costume and have him perform the Lamby Lamby Dance since he was at least five. At one point in the twins' childhood, Mr. Pines returned from a Windows '95 conference, likely related to his computer-based occupation and received a promotional bag containing a t-shirt. Lacking the intentions to ever wear it, the shirt was handed down to Mabel, who now uses it as a sleep shirt.
They are only briefly (and partially) shown in "Tourist Trapped," their arms and torsos shown as they trade their son and daughter's video games and cat for luggage and sunscreen.
Mabel mentions Mrs. Pines in "The Inconveniencing," recalling that she used to dress Dipper up in a lamb costume and have him perform the Lamby Lamby Dance.
Both parents are briefly mentioned in "The Time Traveler's Pig," when Blendin Blandin threatens Dipper and Mabel by saying he will go back in time to prevent their parents from ever meeting. Because they still exist, the twins conclude that he forgot.
Mr. Pines is mentioned throughout "Fight Fighters" by Rumble McSkirmish, who believes that Robbie killed Mr. Pines, however, it is made clear by Dipper that this was a lie and that his father is, in fact, alive and well.
In "Gideon Rises," Stan tries to reassure Mr. and Mrs. Pines that Dipper and Mabel are doing fine over the phone, claiming that they are staying at a four-star hotel, though they are actually staying at Soos' abuelita's run-down house.
Mrs. Pines is mentioned by Mabel in "Mailbox," as she wishes to send her mother a video of her sticking one hundred gummy worms up her nose.
- 101. "Tourist Trapped" (no lines)
- 105. "The Inconveniencing" (mentioned)
- 107. "Double Dipper" (mentioned)
- 109. "The Time Traveler's Pig" (mentioned)
- 110. "Fight Fighters" (mentioned)
- 120. "Gideon Rises" (mentioned)
- 3. "Mailbox" (mentioned)
- 212. "A Tale of Two Stans" (mentioned)
- 213. "Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons" (mentioned)
- 216. "Roadside Attraction" (mentioned)
- 217. "Dipper and Mabel vs. the Future" (mentioned)
- Dipper and Mabel's middle names are their parents' first names, like Alex and Ariel Hirsch.
- Since Stan shares the same surname as Dipper and Mabel, it can be inferred that he's Mr. Pines' paternal uncle.
- Mr. Pines' occupation is related to computers.