They have been raising their twin children, Dipper and Mabel, since birth. They raised their children unreligiously, though Dipper and Mabel celebrate all holidays at Mabel's insistence. Dipper's mother would dress her son in a lamb costume and have him perform the Lamby Lamby Dance when he was young. At one point in the twins' childhood, their father returned from a Windows '95 conference, likely related to his computer-based occupation and received a promotional bag containing a t-shirt. Lacking the intentions to ever wear it, the shirt was handed down to Mabel, who now uses it as a sleep shirt.
They are only briefly (and partially) shown in "Tourist Trapped," their arms and torsos showed as they trade their son and daughter's video games and cat for luggage and sunscreen.
Mabel mentions her mother in "The Inconveniencing," recalling that she used to dress Dipper up in a lamb costume and have him perform the Lamby Lamby Dance.
Both parents are briefly mentioned in "The Time Traveler's Pig," when Blendin Blandin threatens Dipper and Mabel by saying he will go back in time to prevent their parents from ever meeting. Because they still exist, the twins conclude that he forgot.
Dipper's father is mentioned throughout "Fight Fighters" by Rumble McSkirmish, who believes that Robbie killed him; however, it is made clear by Dipper that this was a lie and that his father is, in fact, alive and well.
In "Gideon Rises," Stan tries to reassure Dipper and Mabel's parents over the phone that their children are doing fine, claiming that they are staying at a four-star hotel, though they are actually staying at Soos' abuelita's run-down house.
Mabel mentions her mother in "Mailbox," as she wishes to send her a video of her sticking one hundred gummy worms up her nose.
Mabel and Dipper's parents believe themselves to be slightly counter-culture, and purposefully chose somewhat archaic names just so they'd stand out among the kids' preschool.
- 101. "Tourist Trapped" (no lines)
- 105. "The Inconveniencing" (mentioned)
- 107. "Double Dipper" (mentioned)
- 109. "The Time Traveler's Pig" (mentioned)
- 110. "Fight Fighters" (mentioned)
- 120. "Gideon Rises" (mentioned)
- 3. "Mailbox" (mentioned)
- 212. "A Tale of Two Stans" (mentioned)
- 213. "Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons" (mentioned)
- 216. "Roadside Attraction" (mentioned)
- 217. "Dipper and Mabel vs. the Future" (mentioned)
- 220. "Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back The Falls" (mentioned)
- Dipper and Mabel's middle names are their parents' first names, like Alex and Ariel Hirsch.
- Since Stan shares the same surname as Dipper and Mabel, it can be inferred that he's the paternal uncle of Dipper and Mabel's father.
- Dipper and Mabel's father's occupation is related to computers.