Mr. Pines went to a Windows' 95 conference and received a promotional bag with a t-shirt in it. Because he did not want to wear it, he gave it to Mabel, who uses it as a sleep shirt.
At some point near the beginning of the summer, Mr. and Mrs. Pines decided that their children, Mabel and Dipper, needed some fresh air, so they sent them to Gravity Falls, Oregon to stay at their Great Uncle's house in the woods.
They are only briefly (and partially) shown in "Tourist Trapped." Only their arms and chests can be seen. They take Dipper's video game and Mabel's cat, give their children luggage, and dab sunscreen on their noses.
Both parents are briefly mentioned in "The Time Traveler's Pig," when Blendin Blandin threatens Dipper and Mabel by saying he will go back in time to prevent their parents from ever meeting. Because they still exist, Dipper and Mabel conclude that he forgot.
Mr. Pines is mentioned throughout "Fight Fighters" by Rumble McSkirmish, who believes that Robbie killed Mr. Pines, and later in the same episode by Dipper who explains that he lied to Rumble and that no one killed his and Mabel's father.
In "Gideon Rises," Stan tries to reassure Mr. and Mrs. Pines that Dipper and Mabel are doing fine over the phone, claiming that they are staying at a four-star hotel, though they are actually staying at Soos' grandma's run-down house.
In "Mailbox," Mrs. Pines is mentioned by Mabel when she attempts to send her mother a video of her sticking 100 gummy-worms up her nose.
- 101. "Tourist Trapped" (no lines)
- 105. "The Inconveniencing" (mentioned)
- 107. "Double Dipper" (mentioned)
- 109. "The Time Traveler's Pig" (mentioned)
- 110. "Fight Fighters" (mentioned)
- 120. "Gideon Rises" (mentioned)
- 3. "Mailbox" (mentioned)
- Dipper and Mabel's middle names are their parents' first names.
- Since Stan shares the same surname as Dipper and Mabel, it can be inferred that he's Mr. Pines' paternal uncle.
- Alex has answered on his Twitter account that it's very unlikely that there will be an episode where the parents are introduced.
- Mr. Pines' occupation is related to computers.