His first appearance was in "The Legend of the Gobblewonker," fishing with his grandchildren. When his grandson asks him to tell him and his sister more stories, he gladly agrees, which angers a jealous Stan into mocking the family. This upsets the old man and causes him to confront Stan, and Shmipper suggests that Stan's motives are rooted in "having no one who wuves him." All of a sudden, Dipper, Mabel, and Soos drive their boat between them, with The Gobblewonker robot in pursuit, causing a tremendous splash that soaks Stan, the old man, and Shmipper and Smabble.
In "The Stanchurian Candidate," he is among the voters throwing bird seed during the Friday debate.
He is shown to enjoy spending time with his grandkids, most notably going fishing with them and telling them stories. He likes going to the Mystery Shack and its various events, as well as watching Gideon perform at the Tent of Telepathy and Pioneer Day. He dislikes it when Stan makes fun of him and/or his family and openly stands up to him when he does this. At times, he can be completely oblivious.
He is an old man, with neatly-trimmed dark gray hair. He wears a pair of glasses, perched atop his long, thin nose. He has fairly large ears, a distinct, double chin, and is somewhat wide in stature. He usually wears a simple pale blue button-up polo shirt, with a plain pair of blue jeans held up by a brown belt and a pair of dark green boots.
- 102. "The Legend of the Gobblewonker"
- 104. "The Hand That Rocks the Mabel" (no lines)
- 108. "Irrational Treasure" (no lines)
- 109. "The Time Traveler's Pig" (no lines)
- 113. "Boss Mabel" (no lines)
- 201. "Scary-oke" (no lines)
- 203. "The Golf War" (no lines)
- 204. "Sock Opera" (no lines)
- 206. "Little Gift Shop of Horrors" (no lines)
- 214. "The Stanchurian Candidate" (no lines)
- 217. "Dipper and Mabel vs. the Future" (pictured)
- Fright Night (pictured)
Click here to view this page's gallery.