The second season of Gravity Falls was announced on July 29, 2013 by Eric Coleman On February 15-16, 2014, Disney Channel announced that Gravity Falls would move to Disney XD along with Wander Over Yonder. It premiered on August 1, 2014 on Disney Channel and August 4, 2014 on Disney XD. However, starting on this season, Disney XD will air new episodes first then Disney Channel as part of the channel's "Disney XD on Disney Channel" block. Despite this, "Scary-oke" and "Little Gift Shop of Horrors" originally premiered on Disney Channel.
- Jason Ritter as Dipper
- Kristen Schaal as Mabel
- Alex Hirsch as Grunkle Stan and Soos
- Linda Cardellini as Wendy
- J.K. Simmons as Ford Pines
- Will Forte as Tyler Cutebiker
- Jennifer Coolidge as Lazy Susan
- Stephen Root as Bud Gleeful
- T.J. Miller as Robbie
- Gregg Turkington as Toby Determined
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Sheriff Blubs
- Keith Ferguson as Deputy Durland
- Thurop Van Orman as Li'l Gideon
- Niki Yang as Candy Chiu
- Carl Faruolo as Grenda
- Alex Hirsch as Old Man McGucket and Bill
- Justin Roiland as Blendin Blandin
- Jackie Buscarino as Pacifica Northwest
- Michael Rianda as Thompson and Lee
- Jessica DiCicco as Tambry
- Scott Menville as Nate
- Dee Bradley Baker as Waddles
- Frank Welker as Gompers
- Nathan Fillion as Preston Northwest
- Mark Hamill as Shape Shifter
- Patton Oswalt as Franz
- Peter Serafinowicz as Blind Ivan
- Jorma Taccone as Gabe Bensen
- Neil deGrasse Tyson as "Smart" Waddles
- "Weird Al" Yankovic as Probabilitor the Annoying
- Cecil Baldwin as Tad Strange
- Chelsea Peretti as Darlene
- Jonathan Banks as Filbrick Pines
- See also: Episode guide
|Season||Episodes||Season premiere||Season finale|
|2||22|| August 1, 2014 (Disney Channel)
August 4, 2014 (Disney XD)
| TBA (Disney Channel)
TBA (Disney XD)
|August 1, 2014||618G-202||2.4|
|The Pines family begin resolving to get back to normal after the Li'l Gideon incident. They throw a “Mystery Shack Is Back” party, but some unwelcome guests intend to crash it.|
|22||2||"Into the Bunker"
|August 4, 2014||618G-201||0.9|
|Dipper’s secret journal pages lead him and the gang to the author’s hidden bunker where they find themselves face-to-face with a mysterious figure from Gravity Falls’ lore.|
|23||3||"The Golf War"
|August 11, 2014||618G-203||1.3|
|After being belittled by Pacifica one too many times, Mabel challenges her to a miniature golf-off which gets a tad out of control when some 'local residents' offer their help.|
|September 8, 2014||618G-206||0.9|
|Mabel decides to put on a sock puppet rock opera to impress a local puppeteer, but her show goes awry when Dipper’s drive to uncover journal secrets leads to a supernatural disaster.|
|25||5||"Soos and the Real Girl"
|September 22, 2014||618G-205||0.8|
|Soos needs a date for his cousin Reggie’s engagement party and looks to a dating simulator game to help him talk to girls.|
|26||6||"Little Gift Shop of Horrors"
|October 4, 2014||618G-209||2.3|
|In three separate mysterious tales, Stan is cursed by a Witch, Waddles accidentally eats a bowl of brain-enhancing jelly and builds a machine that allows him to speak for the first time, and Mabel faces her fear of Claymotion.|
|27||7||"Society of the Blind Eye"
|October 27, 2014||618G-207||1.0|
|The kids, along with Old Man McGucket's help, discover there is a secret society in Gravity Falls.|
|November 10, 2014||618G-208||0.8|
|Blendin Blandin returns to face off with Dipper and Mabel in a futuristic battle that could trap them forever in time jail.|
|29||9||"The Love God"
|November 26, 2014||618G-204||0.8|
|Mabel takes matchmaking too far when she steals a love potion from a real Love God.|
|30||10||"Northwest Mansion Mystery" (also titled "Northwest Mansion Noir")||February 16, 2015||618G-211||1.2|
|Pacifica enlists Dipper’s help to rid the Northwest Mansion of a ghost before he wreaks havoc on her fancy party. Nathan Fillion (ABC's "Castle") reprises his role as Pacifica's father, Preston Northwest.|
|31||11||"Not What He Seems"
|March 9, 2015||618G-210||1.6|
|After government agents take Stan into custody, Dipper and Mabel question how much they really know about their Grunkle Stan.|
|32||12||"A Tale of Two Stans"
|July 13, 2015||618G-213||TBD|
|Cornered underneath the Mystery Shack, Stan must finally reveal the secrets of his past and his mysterious portal to Dipper and Mabel.|
|33||13||"Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons"
|August 3, 2015||618G-212||TBD|
|Dipper finds an unlikely friend to join him with his newest obsession, a board game called
"Dungeons, Dungeons & More Dungeons."
|34||14||"The Stanchurian Candidate"
|August 24, 2015||TBA||TBD|
|When Grunkle Stan decides to run for mayor, Dipper and Mabel have their work cut out for them trying to turn their gaffe-prone uncle into the perfect candidate.|
|35||15||"The Last Mabelcorn"
|September 7, 2015||TBA||TBD|
|A new threat leads Mabel to venture into the enchanted realm of the unicorns. Meanwhile, Dipper learns an unexpected twist about the enigmatic Bill Cipher.|
|September 21, 2015||TBA||TBD|
|Grunkle Stan takes the kids with him on a road-trip to sabotage all the other tourist traps in Oregon.|
- According to Alex Hirsch, season 2 will have some flashbacks of life before Dipper and Mabel were sent off to Gravity Falls on vacation with Stan Pines. It was also said that characters such as Wendy, the teens, and Pacifica Northwest will have some more screen time and development in season 2. Bill Cipher, Blendin Blandin, and many of Mabel's ex-crushes will also return in at least one of the season 2 episodes.
- In a tweet, Alex Hirsch said that at least one character "will not survive the season."
- Alex Hirsch has stated that the second half of Season 2's story arc serves as the basis for the originally planned third season. Despite this, a third season is still an option, although it has yet to be greenlit officially.
- The second half of the season also looks back into Stan's past.