Smile Dip is a candy manufactured by Nyums, the same company that makes Gummy Koalas and various other snack food items seen in Gravity Falls. Smile Dip is supposedly banned from America. It was sold at Dusk 2 Dawn.
It appears in "The Inconveniencing," Mabel thought that the candy was banned in America; however, the Dusk 2 Dawn still had it when it closed down (though as made evident by the "do not sell" tape around the stand it was probably in the midst of its recall). After eating "bleventeen" packages of Smile Dip, Mabel began to hallucinate. Among her hallucinations were the two Flavor Pups (the Smile Dip mascots), one of whom offered her a candy paw, and an aqua colored dolphin with muscles, horn honks, and four arms that constantly hurled out endless rainbow trails. While riding it, she shouts,"Onwards Aoshima!" At the end of the episode, Mabel claims Smile Dip is "evil" and she will never eat or do anything again because of it.
- 17. "Mabel's Scrapbook: Petting Zoo" (pictured)
- Alex Hirsch said that the inspiration for Smile Dip was "Fun Dip and expired sugar."
- The hallucinations that it caused resembles Lisa Frank artwork.
- The fact that the Dusk 2 Dawn still had some, but with "DO NOT SELL" tape covering it, suggests that it was still being recalled at the time Ma and Pa died.
- You can buy Smile Dip at the Fantasy Food Truck