|Content posted on this page is to only be about improving the article itself.|
For all other types of discussion, please post them in the forums.
I don't understand...
...why did they stop...?
The "Search for the Blind Eye" site's story doesnt even go past two pages...
...what happened? Why did they stop working on this?
- We don't know 19:20, December 18, 2013 (UTC)
Shorts Number Code
Really, I don't see why this was changed.
It's logic: There are no spaces in the cryptogram, and brackets were never removed in the process of the cryptogram. All you do: "These codes are solvable by taking the number beside a parenthesis as an episode number, and the other numbers beside them represents a letter in that episode's credits cryptogram." Thus the cryptogram is not I WAS SO BLIND. HE LIED TO ME. THE DARKNESS IS NEAR.", but rather "IWASSOBLINDHE][LIEDTO][METHE][DARKNESS][ISNEAR." Actually, it wouldn't even have a period at the end.
That was the whole point of why I set it out like that, so I have no idea why it was changed. Thus, this is no longer reliable unless it is changed back.
00:08, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
- I see. Tbh I just copied the table from the shorts page because each part of the sentence for each short shouldn't have it's own cell. But the bracksts can be returned if that's how it's supposed to be... 03:32, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
It could just be because my computer is experiencing problems, but I noticed that two of the four cryptograms at the top of the page are wrong, and a third is missing all but three of the symbols. The Caesar cipher has the cryptogram switched with the meaning, and the A1Z26 cipher is 3 letters off and backwards. (Yes, that is the equivalent of the combined cipher.) On the symbol substitution cipher, only a, b, c, and the question marks show up. For whatever reason, the edit button isn't there so I would like someone else to help me out by correcting the page. Zeoj99 (talk) 02:36, January 21, 2014 (UTC)
- I'll fix the a1z26. the symbols work for me 03:16, January 21, 2014 (UTC)
This code was posted on Alex Hirch's wikipedia page, by someone calling themselves "AlexHirschForRealz":
Nz tcmkc! Yhtd ay r mzalyle ty lnv 'Kzgxb Airpféxv Cdxxp' krzx Srvx Cqkqm. I szhk johmhlj tlvwy r ljwd yy mj haqzpzlby uarp stu fdvwq yhtd. A gd gjqge yo dagoc sjux qyuqq gt yemm tli czyxoim v nxu yhpzjovs. Ow lrfre ezoj oan, B utn'e cwbvag igwyhtyy zfo wqz. G'r jfdl mfiio mm xaj ezgk tcm zmaecyeket voxlys htdr se wivi aecj kufn. Vvw rmej harc pgir y gir asxk ii bac xeldgt wiiiec, flzyy cztc Jbjq ayo Kzrn.
- I'm pretty 100% sure this code wasn't written by Alex (it has a ton of spelling errors, including his last name), but in case anyone was curious about what it says, I deciphered it :
Hi there! This is a message in the 'Keyed Vigenére Ciper' from Alex Hirsh. I hope someone takes a look at my wikipedia page and finds this. I am going to spoil some stuff on here and confirm a few theories. To start this off, I won't reveal anything too big. I'm just going to say that the government agents will be back very soon. And they will play a big part in the season finale, along with Bill and Stan.
- It was in Vigenére Cipher, as mentioned in the message. The phrase needed to decode it was "Gravity Falls." I was kinda just guessing things, and that was it. That is all.
- - LameCube (talk) 03:24, September 5, 2014 (UTC)
- That's pretty cool, if you find more post it. Also for more theories check out my youtube page here . (pica2003)
About the cryptograms
How are we to know where these cryptograms came from? Is there a way to pinpoint where exactly they were shown in the episodes? If not, there should be.
Numbers in Gideon Bot
I'm not sure if this means anything but these can be clearly found on the screen from the gideon bot
4L X 2LA (ROMAN 2 SYMBOL) L
.I (UPPER LEFT)
.W (MIDDLE RIGHT)
.N (A LITTLE DOWN AND LEFT FROM W)
. UPSIDE DOWN V (BOTTOM LEFTISH)
this MAY be a cyptograym so I just wanted to say it. (pica2003)
Is There An Error
There's an error in the cypher at the end of S03E01 Scary-Oke: Instead of reading "THE man downstairs" when you work out the cypher for yourself, it reads "WHO man downstairs is very clever", which is obviously a mistake in the original embedding of the code. =Huntrrr= (=talk=) 02:02, September 10, 2014 (UTC)=
- Incorrect. The cryptogram on File:S2e1_Cryptic_image.png very clearly says THE. 20:44, September 20, 2014 (UTC)
What Happens If You Decode The Theme Song In Morse Code?
I can't do it but if anyone else can it may be a big secret. The first part translates to HHHHHHHM in morse code.
Symbol Substitution Cipher
The guide to symbol substitution cipher still marks the symbols for J, Q, X, and Z as unknown. However, I learned from someone online who uploaded a scan that the book Dipper's and Mabel's Guide to Mystery and Nonstop Fun! includes a complete decoder guide to this cipher. I would add the missing letters to the guide myself instead of telling you guys about it on the talk page if I could, but I don't know how to type those characters on my computer. DanMat6288 (talk) 23:47, October 8, 2014 (UTC)
- We use small transparent images for them. I'll ask someone to make them. 01:28, October 9, 2014 (UTC)