| I need your help.|
This article is a stub. You can help the Gravity Falls Wiki by expanding it.
The Plaidypus is a type of cryptid creature from Gravity Falls mentioned in Gravity Falls: Journal 3. It is a monotreme like animal that resembles a platypus, except their fur is red and black striped like flannel, making it sought after by lumberjacks. It is also said to be immune to mosquitoes.
Referenced by Stanford Pines in the Gravity Falls: Journal 3. While Ford and his assistant Fiddleford were traveling to Crash Site Omega to find parts to power the Universe portal, they came across this creature while taking a lunch break, when it took a bite of Fiddleford's sandwich and scampered back into the brush.
According to Stanford, these creatures were thought to be a myth and were rumored to be what all flannel was made from.
- Journal 3
- They're known as the "Source of all Lumberjack Jackets".
- Ford notes that they smell like "bacon and maple syrup".
- Young plaidypus' only have horizontal stripes and gain the vertical stripes when mature.
- Their pelt is thought to be warm, impervious to mosquito bites, and fashionable every 10 years or so.
- ↑ Gravity Falls: Journal 3 by Disney Book Group. July 26, 2016. Published by Disney Press. Page(s) The Plaidypus. ISBN: 978-1484746691.