The Sibling Brothers by Jenkins W. Jenkins is a series of mystery novels.
Dipper is shown reading and enjoying The Case of the Caper-Case Caper during a flashback in "Carpet Diem," in which his loud reactions and fidgeting tend to keep Mabel awake at night, much to her grievance.
In the beginning of "The Last Mabelcorn," Dipper is seen sleeping while holding the book The Telltale Fable of the Unstable Table, presumably having fallen asleep while reading the book. Later in that episode, one of his thoughts seen by Project Mentem is "Who stole the capers?"
Books in the series
- The Case of the Caper-Case Caper
- The Telltale Fable of the Unstable Table
- 116. "Carpet Diem"
- 215. "The Last Mabelcorn"
- The Sibling Brothers is a parody of The Hardy Boys mystery novel series, which were published by various authors under the collective pseudonym Franklin W. Dixon.
- Jenkins W. Jenkins, who was an unemployed dockworker at the time, based the novels off of the exploits of the actual Sibling Brothers that appear in the Gravity Falls: Lost Legends story "Pines Bros Mystery" while stocking them.