FANDOM


  • Am I the only one who wondered about Stan's sibling? I was watching an episode today ( not exactly sure on what episode, I benge watch) and mabel screamed " GRUNCLE STAN" and that got me thinking, Stan isn't their uncle but their great uncle. Stan has never mentioned having a sibling, but he has to have one to be a great uncle. I am a firm believer in the Stan twin theory, but I have to remind myself that it's a THEORY, so sometimes I have to think outside the theory. Where is stan's mysterious sibling? If it's one of the twins grandparents, why has no one mentioned it? Just my random rambely thought for the day :P. Please comment, and tell me if I missed somthing or im crazy (like i really need anyone to tell me)

      Loading editor
    • Well, even if we would discuss who else could be the grandparent, it would still be a theory, so it does not make a difference. 

        Loading editor
    • I have thought on this as well. Perhaps it is a similar situation to Dipper and Mabel's parents. Perhaps Alex Hirsch has no immediate plans to make a big deal or point of it. 

        Loading editor
    • So I just realized that Stan would have to have a brother for Dipper and Mabel to have the same last name as Stan. I'm going to step off the deep end and say, IT'S STANLEY. Think about it the twins didn't get sent to their grandpas for the summer, they got sent to their great uncles. Maybe,I don't know... THEIR GRANDPA VANISHED AND STAN'S TRYING TO GET HIM BACK.

        Loading editor
    • I personally don't put much stock in the twin Stan theory, but I won't be too surprised if it's close to the truth. 

        Loading editor
    • When it first surfaced in the beginings of the show I didn't put much stock in it but after i read the Pretty in pwn anylisis I really believe it. DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN THE LEAKED PIC

        Loading editor
    • Is this leaked picture spoilish in nature?

        Loading editor
    • Yes, very much so.

        Loading editor
    • I hate to be the grammar nazi here, but...


      Mabel. It's spelled Mabel. Why is that such a hard concept for some people to grasp?

        Loading editor
    • Number494 wrote: I hate to be the grammar nazi here, but...


      Mabel. It's spelled Mabel. Why is that such a hard concept for some people to grasp?

      I hate to be a word Nazi here, but...


      That's not a grammar correction. That's a spelling correction.

        Loading editor
    • Number494 wrote:
      I hate to be the grammar nazi here, but...


      Mabel. It's spelled Mabel. Why is that such a hard concept for some people to grasp?

      That's what it says! Maybe you need to learn to read.

        Loading editor
    • You know what? You're completely right! It's not like you edited it or anything to make a point.

      Seriously though, if you really think pepole are going to fall for this, maybe you should learn how to read.

        Loading editor
    • Or maybe you should get off my thread and quit being an imbecile. People like you make this fourm no fun, you enjoy attempting to put others down and can't take when you're wrong. Correcting others doesn't make you sound any smarter, it just makes you sound like a jerk with no friends.

        Loading editor
    • Calm yourselves community members. It's not worth fighting over. 

        Loading editor
    • Captainkirk wrote:
      Or maybe you should get off my thread and quit being an imbecile. People like you make this fourm no fun, you enjoy attempting to put others down and can't take when you're wrong. Correcting others doesn't make you sound any smarter, it just makes you sound like a jerk with no friends.


      Sure. just because I'm fed up with the constant misspelling of a main character's name means I enjoy putting others down. I admit, it may have come off as a bit harsh, but that doesn't change the point. What I don't get though, is that comment about me being wrong. if you're really saying that the thread's name was originally "Dipper and Mabel's Grandparent", that makes your argument all the more unviable. It says "Edited by Captainkirk 3 hours ago" right below the post for crying out loud. If you make a mistake and fix it is fine, but if you don't own up to it, that makes it worse. Again, I'm not trying to put anyone down or sound smarter doing it, I was just trying to correct a mistake someone made. I vented about other people making the same mistake and how they should know better, but this was the wrong place to do it.

        Loading editor
    • Calm down both of you. Is it really that big of an issue? Not owning up to a mistake is emasculating, but pointing out others mistakes without being careful can have consequences. 

      I myself have the tendancy to correct others when I know they're wrong and I also try to graciously accept critisim when I happen to be wrong and someone points it out. 

      My point is that this arguement need not continue. We are all here to talk about the 2D series we love not argue about spelling correct, incorrect, or otherwise (if that's possible). 

      Drop it and let it go then we can all enjoy civil debate and conversation. 

        Loading editor
    • Number494 wrote:
       
      Sure. just because I'm fed up with the constant misspelling of a main character's name means I enjoy putting others down. I admit, it may have come off as a bit harsh, but that doesn't change the point. What I don't get though, is that comment about me being wrong. if you're really saying that the thread's name was originally "Dipper and Mabel's Grandparent", that makes your argument all the more unviable. It says "Edited by Captainkirk 3 hours ago" right below the post for crying out loud. If you make a mistake and fix it is fine, but if you don't own up to it, that makes it worse. Again, I'm not trying to put anyone down or sound smarter doing it, I was just trying to correct a mistake someone made. I vented about other people making the same mistake and how they should know better, but this was the wrong place to do it.

      You need to get a life hun...

      I type a lot of my posts on my phone because i'm crazy busy. My phone autocorrected it to Mable, when I opened it up to see if it was wrong it changed it back. It wasn't until I got on my computer that I even noticed it had changed. It wasn't "constant misspelling of a main character's name" it was a mistake made by my IPhone.

      I'm sorry for any misunderstanding, but people that walk around trying to be better than everyone else by correcting them make me angry.

        Loading editor
    • And the explanation from both sides is revealed. Let this topic be dropped forever. 

      Let us debate civilly from now on. 

        Loading editor
    • Captainkirk wrote:
      Number494 wrote:
       
      Sure. just because I'm fed up with the constant misspelling of a main character's name means I enjoy putting others down. I admit, it may have come off as a bit harsh, but that doesn't change the point. What I don't get though, is that comment about me being wrong. if you're really saying that the thread's name was originally "Dipper and Mabel's Grandparent", that makes your argument all the more unviable. It says "Edited by Captainkirk 3 hours ago" right below the post for crying out loud. If you make a mistake and fix it is fine, but if you don't own up to it, that makes it worse. Again, I'm not trying to put anyone down or sound smarter doing it, I was just trying to correct a mistake someone made. I vented about other people making the same mistake and how they should know better, but this was the wrong place to do it.

      You need to get a life hun...

      I type a lot of my posts on my phone because i'm crazy busy. My phone autocorrected it to Mable, when I opened it up to see if it was wrong it changed it back. It wasn't until I got on my computer that I even noticed it had changed. It wasn't "constant misspelling of a main character's name" it was a mistake made by my IPhone.

      I'm sorry for any misunderstanding, but people that walk around trying to be better than everyone else by correcting them make me angry.


      Okay. but by "constant misspelling of a character's name", i meant people in general spelling her name wrong, not just you. Sorry if i didn't get that across right. XD I really wasn't trying to come across as rude, I just really don't like it when people make mistakes and then act like it never happened.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, yes. An understanding has been reached. Excellent. 

        Loading editor
    • I quote Stanley Pines: "They're your family poindexter, Shermy's grandchildren".

      Stanford Pines responds: "I, have a niece, and nephew?

        Loading editor
    • Which means that Stanley and Stanford have ANOTHER sibling! So Shermy is either their sibling or their sibling-in-law!

        Loading editor
    • It has been a year since the release of Gravity Falls: Journal 3, and the cases like Dipper's real name is solved, but I wonder, in the book, is there any clues of this Shermy dispute?

        Loading editor
    • Oganesson wrote:
      It has been a year since the release of Gravity Falls: Journal 3, and the cases like Dipper's real name is solved, but I wonder, in the book, is there any clues of this Shermy dispute?

      NO!!!!!!!!!! There isn't anything about Shermy

      I always think Shermy is Stan twins' sibling.

        Loading editor
    • I believe Shermy is the baby Stan's mum holds in Tale of Two Stans. This would mean that Shermy and Stan are roughly 17 years apart in age. Since Stan is in his sixties in the series we can assume that Shermy is in their late forties or early fifties. This is a logical age for a grandparent, although Shermy or Dipper and Mabel's parents must've had their child in their early twenties.

        Loading editor
    • Or I tend to believe that the infant is Dipper's father.

        Loading editor
    • Oganesson wrote:
      Or I tend to believe that the infant is Dipper's father.

      It's not likely after Grunkle Stan specifically says "Shermy's grandkids". That would mean that Shermy is Mabel and Dipper's father's father if that makes sense. 

        Loading editor
    • SkyeTraine wrote:

      Oganesson wrote:
      Or I tend to believe that the infant is Dipper's father.

      It's not likely after Grunkle Stan specifically says "Shermy's grandkids". That would mean that Shermy is Mabel and Dipper's father's father if that makes sense. 

      That's what I believe. Shermy could be Stan's older brother. Let's say it was 1960s-1970s when Stan was kicked out, and we all know that Dipper and Mabel was born in 1999, this theory makes sense for me - because I and my parents were born close to the range mentioned above.

        Loading editor
    • i think the baby in the Tale Of Two Stans is not shermy but Shermys kid aka dippers and mabels dad, because if you do the math the boy in the episode is 1 maybe 2 and stanley and stanford are 16-18 cuz there in high school now after some 15 years when ford was making the portal and another 30 when he was stuck in it that makes stan and ford in their 60's which is confirmed. now after all this if you do the math 2+15+30= the baby in that episode is only 47 with is a little young to have grand kids so that is probably dippers and mabels dads age. SPOILER ALERT also as we now know dipper's real name is mason and mabel's is well mabel and they have the same last name and there middle names are there parents first names so in conclusion dipper and mabel have names that are very similar to each other.

        Loading editor
    • Bill Cipher100 wrote:
      i think the baby in the Tale Of Two Stans is not shermy but Shermys kid aka dippers and mabels dad,...

      I agree with you. I have a theory I use when I want to write a Gravity Fall's story.

      Sherman "Shermy" Pines was born seven year before the twins and left the house à sixteen (when the stans were 9) because he didn't get along too well wih  their parents (the father being a jerk and the mother a pathological liar). He found a job, married and had a child. Unfortunately, soon after the birth of his son, he was sent to fight in Vietnam and died. His wife, needing help to take care of her child, contacted her step-parents and asked them to babysit him when she was at work, which explains why the baby, mable and dipper's father; was there durng the fight between his two uncles. 

        Loading editor
    • Thesweetestvictory wrote:
      Bill Cipher100 wrote:
      i think the baby in the Tale Of Two Stans is not shermy but Shermys kid aka dippers and mabels dad,...

      I agree with you. I have a theory I use when I want to write a Gravity Fall's story.

      Sherman "Shermy" Pines was born seven year before the twins and left the house à sixteen (when the stans were 9) because he didn't get along too well wih  their parents (the father being a jerk and the mother a pathological liar). He found a job, married and had a child. Unfortunately, soon after the birth of his son, he was sent to fight in Vietnam and died. His wife, needing help to take care of her child, contacted her step-parents and asked them to babysit him when she was at work, which explains why the baby, mable and dipper's father; was there durng the fight between his two uncles. 

      I agree with that, too!  It could explain why the parents were able to throw Stanley out so easily...

        Loading editor
    • Thesweetestvictory wrote:
      Bill Cipher100 wrote:
      i think the baby in the Tale Of Two Stans is not shermy but Shermys kid aka dippers and mabels dad,...

      I agree with you. I have a theory I use when I want to write a Gravity Fall's story.

      Sherman "Shermy" Pines was born seven year before the twins and left the house à sixteen (when the stans were 9) because he didn't get along too well wih  their parents (the father being a jerk and the mother a pathological liar). He found a job, married and had a child. Unfortunately, soon after the birth of his son, he was sent to fight in Vietnam and died. His wife, needing help to take care of her child, contacted her step-parents and asked them to babysit him when she was at work, which explains why the baby, mable and dipper's father; was there durng the fight between his two uncles.  

      i never thought of it that way i just thought of it as 47 is a little young to have 12-13 year old grand kids

        Loading editor
    • Captainkirk wrote:
      So I just realized that Stan would have to have a brother for Dipper and Mabel to have the same last name as Stan. I'm going to step off the deep end and say, IT'S STANLEY. Think about it the twins didn't get sent to their grandpas for the summer, they got sent to their great uncles. Maybe,I don't know... THEIR GRANDPA VANISHED AND STAN'S TRYING TO GET HIM BACK.

      yea but when they get ford back stan says yay there Shermys grand kids

        Loading editor
    • AskAgainL8r
      AskAgainL8r removed this reply because:
      i didn't mean to post on this account.
      00:02, August 12, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Thesweetestvictory wrote:
      Bill Cipher100 wrote:
      i think the baby in the Tale Of Two Stans is not shermy but Shermys kid aka dippers and mabels dad,...

      I agree with you. I have a theory I use when I want to write a Gravity Fall's story.

      Sherman "Shermy" Pines was born seven year before the twins and left the house à sixteen (when the stans were 9) because he didn't get along too well wih  their parents (the father being a jerk and the mother a pathological liar). He found a job, married and had a child. Unfortunately, soon after the birth of his son, he was sent to fight in Vietnam and died. His wife, needing help to take care of her child, contacted her step-parents and asked them to babysit him when she was at work, which explains why the baby, mable and dipper's father; was there durng the fight between his two uncles. 

      Interesting theory, but I'm going to have to disagree because of Ford's reaction in the second episode he appears in. Stan says Mabel a nd Dipper are Shermie's grandkids, and Ford is shocked and delighted, saying, "I have a niece and nephew?" Not "a grand niece and grand nephew". Just niece and nephew. As if he's never had one before. I think Alex just screwed up the timeline. The code in Lost Legends seems to suggest it was a timeline error as well.

        Loading editor
    • OnlyOnTuesdays88 wrote:
      Thesweetestvictory wrote:
      Bill Cipher100 wrote:
      i think the baby in the Tale Of Two Stans is not shermy but Shermys kid aka dippers and mabels dad,...I agree with you. I have a theory I use when I want to write a Gravity Fall's story.

      Sherman "Shermy" Pines was born seven year before the twins and left the house à sixteen (when the stans were 9) because he didn't get along too well wih  their parents (the father being a jerk and the mother a pathological liar). He found a job, married and had a child. Unfortunately, soon after the birth of his son, he was sent to fight in Vietnam and died. His wife, needing help to take care of her child, contacted her step-parents and asked them to babysit him when she was at work, which explains why the baby, mable and dipper's father; was there durng the fight between his two uncles. 

      Interesting theory, but I'm going to have to disagree because of Ford's reaction in the second episode he appears in. Stan says Mabel a nd Dipper are Shermie's grandkids, and Ford is shocked and delighted, saying, "I have a niece and nephew?" Not "a grand niece and grand nephew". Just niece and nephew. As if he's never had one before. I think Alex just screwed up the timeline. The code in Lost Legends seems to suggest it was a timeline error as well.

      Look at Ducktales, the three nephews often refer to Scrooge as their uncle, although he is their grand uncle or great uncle, and he refers to them as his nephews.

      I like that theory, and mine is similar, except both he and his wife had somehow disappeared, and their son was left in the care of his grandparents.

        Loading editor
    • Jayo2 wrote:
      OnlyOnTuesdays88 wrote:
      Thesweetestvictory wrote:
      Bill Cipher100 wrote:
      i think the baby in the Tale Of Two Stans is not shermy but Shermys kid aka dippers and mabels dad,...I agree with you. I have a theory I use when I want to write a Gravity Fall's story.

      Sherman "Shermy" Pines was born seven year before the twins and left the house à sixteen (when the stans were 9) because he didn't get along too well wih  their parents (the father being a jerk and the mother a pathological liar). He found a job, married and had a child. Unfortunately, soon after the birth of his son, he was sent to fight in Vietnam and died. His wife, needing help to take care of her child, contacted her step-parents and asked them to babysit him when she was at work, which explains why the baby, mable and dipper's father; was there durng the fight between his two uncles. 

      Interesting theory, but I'm going to have to disagree because of Ford's reaction in the second episode he appears in. Stan says Mabel a nd Dipper are Shermie's grandkids, and Ford is shocked and delighted, saying, "I have a niece and nephew?" Not "a grand niece and grand nephew". Just niece and nephew. As if he's never had one before. I think Alex just screwed up the timeline. The code in Lost Legends seems to suggest it was a timeline error as well.
      Look at Ducktales, the three nephews often refer to Scrooge as their uncle, although he is their grand uncle or great uncle, and he refers to them as his nephews.

      I like that theory, and mine is similar, except both he and his wife had somehow disappeared, and their son was left in the care of his grandparents.

      I know, but in this context it matters because Ford would've met his nephew. He's acting like having a niece and nephew is a new experience. He isn't seeing Shermie's son's children. He's seeing Shermie's grandchildren. Context.

        Loading editor
    • Captainkirk wrote: Am I the only one who wondered about Stan's sibling? I was watching an episode today ( not exactly sure on what episode, I benge watch) and mabel screamed " GRUNCLE STAN" and that got me thinking, Stan isn't their uncle but their great uncle. Stan has never mentioned having a sibling, but he has to have one to be a great uncle. I am a firm believer in the Stan twin theory, but I have to remind myself that it's a THEORY, so sometimes I have to think outside the theory. Where is stan's mysterious sibling? If it's one of the twins grandparents, why has no one mentioned it? Just my random rambely thought for the day :P. Please comment, and tell me if I missed somthing or im crazy (like i really need anyone to tell me)

      In a tale of Stans, there is Stanford, Stanley and another child who looks exactly like Mabel and Dipper. Stanley and Stanford are both great uncles because their third sibling is Mabel and Dipper's grandad.

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message