Fandom

Gravity Falls Wiki

Alex Hirsch new series on fox, could it be a GF sequel series?

  • It was announced that Alex Hirsch (creator of GF) was making a new animated series for FOX, for some reason, i am thinking it might be a Gravity Falls sequel, what do you guys think? Do you think its a GF sequel series? I really hope it is!!!

      Loading editor
    • Nah. It'd be on Disney. Whatever he's doing would probably have nothing to do with Gravity Falls anyways. Alex Hirsch may have created Gravity Falls, but that isn't the only thing he's ever made.

        Loading editor
    • REALLY?? i'll definitely watch it no matter if its about gf or not

        Loading editor
    • Well actually though, a sequel series doesn't really have to be on the same channel as the first series, i can think of one show that was on one channel (don't remember the name of the channel though) then its sequel series came on Disney Channel, i can also think of another show that was on Nickeloadeon, and now they are making a sequel series of it on a different channel. Though, yeah GF isn't the only thing Alex Hirsch has ever made, dang i wish he announced when he was going to first air his new series.

        Loading editor
    • Muffin59959 wrote: Well actually though, a sequel series doesn't really have to be on the same channel as the first series, i can think of one show that was on one channel (don't remember the name of the channel though) then its sequel series came on Disney Channel, i can also think of another show that was on Nickeloadeon, and now they are making a sequel series of it on a different channel. Though, yeah GF isn't the only thing Alex Hirsch has ever made, dang i wish he announced when he was going to first air his new series.

      Makes sense, but I still think that it's more logical for Alex to tread on new territory before considering going back to Gravity Falls. I mean, as far as we know, Disney still owns the rights. He isn't gonna switch to Fox THAT quickly..

        Loading editor
    • Disney owns all of Gravity Falls. Alex Hirsch can't just take these characters and air them on a different channel in a different show, and Disney would never allow it if he asked. Dipper Pines is Disney's character, Mabel Pines is Disney's character, anyone who appeared in Gravity Falls are Disney's characters -- even the plotline.

      One thing I do know for sure - if Alex Hirsch goes through with making a new series, he's definitely going to make a reference or twenty to Gravity Falls. That's something he can do.

        Loading editor
    • but those characters were created by him so it own by him

      so the other show of alex will be a reboot or a squel where Dipper and mabel come back to gravity falls to find new stuffs or a sin-off where it set at the adventure of Stanley and Stanford

        Loading editor
    • SoulDestroyer35 wrote: but those characters were created by him so it own by him

      so the other show of alex will be a reboot or a squel where Dipper and mabel come back to gravity falls to find new stuffs or a sin-off where it set at the adventure of Stanley and Stanford

      They were owned by him, then he sold them to Disney when he made the show. This is how TV business is.

        Loading editor
    • he like many others grew up watching the simpsons, so i belive it would be something like that but with his own... Weirdness. it will most likely have the same style and a couple hundred gravity falls references.

        Loading editor
    • Disney owns Gravity Falls, so if there was ever a sequel series, it would be distributed by Disney and Disney alone. However, I see no problem in making a plethora of references to Gravity Falls. 

        Loading editor
    • Bill triangle wrote:
      he like many others grew up watching the simpsons, so i belive it would be something like that but with his own... Weirdness. it will most likely have the same style and a couple hundred gravity falls references.

      I doubt it would have multiple references to GF and be in the exact same style.  Futurama and Simpsons both share the same creator but are really completely different types of shows. Seth Macfarlane is really the only person in animation currently who has each of his shows follow a similar genre and art style. 

        Loading editor
    • I don't want alex's new show to be endless like other show who have like 20 seasons 

      plus a sequel series of gravity falls won't happened because alex don't want to make a sequel and there no ideas for a sequel

      also a reboot/remake of gravity falls won't be a bad idea?

        Loading editor
    • Alex Hirsch announced on his twitter that a reboot of GF is still possible, though he doesn't have any plans for one at the moment. So we might still see the cast of GF sometime in the future, its just unknown when.

        Loading editor
    • I actually do think it will be a sequel, mostly because of Wendy's note in Weirdmageddon 3 stating "See you next summer!"

        Loading editor
    • No. It would be on Disney.

        Loading editor
    • If "Gravity Falls" wasn't Disney, I'd rather it be Comedy Central, due to its mature theme.

        Loading editor
    • TheMoonlightPegasus wrote:
      If "Gravity Falls" wasn't Disney, I'd rather it be Comedy Central, due to its mature theme.

      With swearing and other stuffs disney don't allow?

        Loading editor
    • I think that it will be a special or something, or maybe a spin off

        Loading editor
    • Why would alex hate disney and his own show?

        Loading editor
    • SoulDestroyer35 wrote: Why would alex hate disney and his own show?

      He doesn't. He just doesn't want Gravity Falls to continue. As for why he's pitching to Fox instead? Well, most likely, he might be planning a more adult-oriented cartoon. He also worked for Disney on Gravity Falls for 4+ years (including the pilot).

        Loading editor
    • Gravity Falls should get a prequel

      which is about Dipper and Mabel's parents before they had kids 

      or a other family guy/the simpson like show with gravity falls elements

        Loading editor
    • SoulDestroyer35 wrote:

      TheMoonlightPegasus wrote:
      If "Gravity Falls" wasn't Disney, I'd rather it be Comedy Central, due to its mature theme.

      With swearing and other stuffs disney don't allow?

      Not really, I dreamed [back in Halloween 2013] that GF was on Comedy Central. Their version was rated TV-14.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think that this is Gravity Falls related, Hirsch said that this was only meant to be for 2 seasons, nothing less, nothing more.

        Loading editor
    • @ The Puppeteer King, technically he planned for 3 seasons and a possible movie. but the plot line for season 3 was the 2nd half of season 2, plus the last three episodes of the series could count as a two hour  movie.

        Loading editor
    • I think it would be better if Hirsch either did a Q&A or made some tweets about the fates of the characters because the finale had a story book ending with Bill dying in the same place he started... in Stans mind

      I'd like a reboot or sequel just as much as the rest of you but some things are better left this way

        Loading editor
    • agreed

        Loading editor
    • I don't think it's going to be Gravity Falls related at all ether. Though it's possiable he could throw out some refs.


      Wish I had Fox here.

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.